With over 750 apprentices in 45 different areas and working with over 300 employers, there is good reason Hartlepool College is the No #1 College in the North and No #5 in the country for Apprenticeship success, working with many great companies and partners.
What’s an apprenticeship? It’s a job with training?
It’s a job with training.an apprenticeship means you’ll be employed by a company and work for them but you’ll attend college to gain the knowledge and skills you need. Attendance at college differs by apprenticeship, some attend once per week, others on block release and some on long programmes spend the whole of the first year at college. Find out more and meet suitable employers at the Big Apprenticeship Event...
How do you find an apprenticeship?
You can search the ‘Find an Apprenticeship’ website for the latest vacancies here >> https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Can you go to Uni with an Apprenticeship? Yes!
Apprenticeships have changed and many now lead to Higher and Degree apprenticeships. In lots of cases apprentices that complete their Level 3 Apprenticeship have the necessary entry requirements to progress to Uni, should they want to.
What are the benefits of apprenticeships?
• work alongside experienced staff;
• gain a nationally recognised qualification;
• earn a wage and get holiday pay;
• train in the skills employers want;
• increase your future earning potential apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training, and those completing a higher apprenticeship could see increased earnings of an estimated £150,000 over their lifetime;*
• Learn at a pace suited to the individual with the support of a mentor.
Do I get paid?
Yes, all apprentices are paid a minimum of £3.70 p/h, hat’s a minimum of £111 a week (based on 30 hour week). However, apprentices can be paid more, it’s up to the employer and the sector you’ll work in. Some apprentices can earn significantly more! Find out more and meet suitable employers at the Big Apprenticeship Event...
For more information about Hartlepool College of Further Education, call the Apprenticeship Administrators on 01429 404073 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org