Learners aged 16+. Those wishing to pursue a career in sports massage with healthy adults.
There are no specific entry requirements.
There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Sports massage treatments
All five mandatory units must be successfully completed to achieve the full qualification.
- Client record card/treatment plan
- Three summative observations
- Theory paper
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- Routes into fitness instructing
Students must make every effort to attend all sessions, those with work or family commitments should be aware of the need to attend all classes, for the duration of the course.