This course is aimed at individuals who may encounter asbestos containing materials during their day to day activities and what action to take in the event of their discovery.
- The properties of asbestos and its effect on health.
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant.
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos.
- The distinction between licensable work and non-licensed work (notifiable and non notifiable).
- The procedures to follow with the discovery of asbestos containing materials.
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace.
End of course knowledge test.
Upon successful completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive a certificate of attendance.