For individuals who need to be aware of, but not required to enter a confined space.
No entry requirements.
- Current Legislation
- Recognition of confined spaces and dangers associated with these areas
- Effect of gases, fumes and vapours on confined space worker
- Gas monitors and gas monitoring
- Demonstration of confined space equipment and escape sets
- Safe systems of work and procedures
- Communication procedures
- Awareness of pre-entry checks
- Awareness of emergency procedures
Classroom based learning
End of course knowledge test.
Should the candidates be required to enter a confined space, they should then attend the 'Safe Entry into a Confined Space' course.
Upon successful completion of the course, each candidate will receive a certificate of attendance.