This course is for those with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a wheeled forward tipping dumper (novice), experienced operators who require training (refresher) and experienced workers who do not require training (test only).
CSCS Health & Safety test passed no more than 2 years prior to the course start date.
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
CPCS Theory & Practical Tests
Upon successful completion of the course, each delegate will receive a CPCS Red Trained Operators Card. This lasts for 2 years.
During these 2 years, you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card. If an NVQ in Plant Operation is held, a Blue Card is automatically updated to 5 years.