This course is for those with limited or no experience of operating a Ride on Roller (novice), experienced operators who require training (refresher), and experienced operators who do not require training (test only).
CSCS Health & Safety test passed no more than 2 years prior to the course start date.
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures
- Set roller for travel
- Awareness of on-site hazards
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Place roller in an out of service condition
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Loading and unloading procedures on/off a transporter
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
CPCS theory and practical tests
Upon successful completion of the course, each delegate will receive a CPCS Red Trained Operators Card. This lasts for 2 years.
During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card. If an NVQ in Plant Operations is held, a Blue Card is automatically updated to 5 years.