This course is for people with limited or no experience of using mini excavators (novice), experienced operators who require training (refresher) and experienced operators who do not require training (test only).
CSCS Health and Safety test passed no more than two years prior to the course start date.
Learners will gain knowledge of:
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998, Health and Safety Guidance L64 and other relevant legislation
- Pre-operational checks and daily maintenance
- Pre-excavating checks
- Battery care and refuelling procedures
- Mobility and stability factors
- Safety rules applicable to operating
- Safe use of attachments
- Excavating and back filling
- Evacuate a trench to level and tolerances
- Formation of a raised bench or creation of a level standing
- Build a stockpile and safely load a vehicle i.e. dumper or trailer
- Quick Hitch if required
- End of shift checks
Training includes a mix of classroom-based thedory and practical activities.
NPORS/CSCS Plant Operator Card
As a partner card scheme of CSCS, the NPORS/CSCS Operator Card will now be issued in line with the requirements stipulated by BUILD UK and will display the CSCS logo.
The NPORS/CSCS cards available:
Trained Operator Card (red) - This card remains valid for two years, during which the operator complete the relevant NVQ for the categories held on their card.
Competent Operator Card (blue) - This card is only available to those operators who have achieved the relevant NVQ qualification for the categories held on their card.
Traditional NPORS Card
If the CSCS logo is not required on the NPORS Card, then the Traditional NPORS card is also available.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment, the operator will receive a 5 year card, which is renewable. This card can be endorsed with a Health, Safety & Environmental test, if the operator has passed the relevant test within the last 2 year period. The card can still be awarded without the H,S&E logo, if the operator does not have this test.