This course is for those with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a wheeled forward tipping dumper (novice), experienced operators who require training (refresher) and experienced worker who does not require training (test only).
CSCS Health and Safety test passed no more than two years prior to the course start date.
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Learning a working knowledge of the manufacturer's handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Being able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Being able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Conducting all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer's and legislative requirements.
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for forward tipping dumper use.
- Preparing the forward tipping dumper for use and operating safely and efficiently.
- Conducting all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Attaching and setting out trailers ready for operation.
- Environmental considerations.
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments.
- Carrying out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
NPORS/CSCS Plant Operator Card
As a partner card scheme of CSCS, the NPORS/CSCS Operator Card will now be issued in line with the requirements stipulated by BUILD UK and will display the CSCS logo. The NPORS/CSCS cards that are available:
Trained Operator Card (red) - This card remains valid for two years during which the operator completes the relevant NVQ for the categories held on their card.
Competent Operator Card (blue) - This card is only available to those operators who have achieved the relevant NVQ qualification for the categories held on their card.
Traditional NPORS Card
If the CSCS logo is not required on the NPORS Card, then the traditional NPORS card is also available.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment, the operator will receive a 5-year card, which is renewable. This card can be endorsed with a Health, Safety & Environmental test, if the operator has passed the relevant test within the last 2 year period. This card can still be awarded without the H,S&E logo, if the operator does not have this test.