This course is for those with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a forward tipping mini dumper (novice). Experienced Operators who require training (refresher). Experienced worker who does not require training (test only).
CSCS Health & Safety test passed no more than two years prior to the course start date.
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purpose and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
NPORS/CSCS Plant Card Operator Card
As a partner card scheme of CSCS, the NPORS/CSCS Operator Card will now be issued in line with the requirements stipulated by BUILD UK and will display the CSCS logo. The NPORS/CSCS cards that are available:
Trained Operator Card (red) - this card remains valid for two years, during which time the operator complete the relevant NVQ for the categories held on their card. Competent Operator (blue) - this card is only available to those operators who have achieved the relevant NVQ qualification for the categories held on their card.
Traditional NPORS Card
If the CSCS logo is not required on the NPORS Card, then the traditional NPORS card is also available.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment, the operator will receive a 5-year card, which is renewable. This card can be endorsed with a Health, Safety & Environmental test, if the operator has passed the relevant test within the last 2 year period.
The card can still be awarded without the H,S&E logo, if the operator does not have this test.