- 16-19 learners, completing a Programme of Study in a vocational area, who require a Level 2 Science qualification to progress
- 19+ part time learners who require a Level 2 Science qualification to progree to Level 3 for example - Access to HE (Science, Health, Education)
No previous science qualifications are required.
- Cell Biology
- Infection and response
- Homeostasis and response
- Inheritance, variation and evolution
- Key ideas
A range of teaching and learning strategies will be used within lessons, including:
- Lectures and presentations
- Scientific experiments
- Group work activities
- Worksheets / exam question practice
- Data analysis activities
- Use of VLE for independent study
Formative Assessment will include an initial assessment of knowledge at the beginning of the course and mock examinations throughout.
Summative Assessment - external written examination.
Level 3 Access to HE (Science, Health, Education) for 19+ learners