For anyone wishing to add to their existing Beauty qualifications or pursue a new career/hobby
Before commencing onto this course, you must have successfully completed a 'Professional Standards' course which is set through The Guild. This course costs £12 and is completed on-line. Certificate must be shown. Once this course has been successfully passed it does not need to be taken again for other Guild courses.
The aim of this course is to be able to apply artificial nail structures
using liquid and powder (acrylic). At the end of the course, you should be able
- Select and apply a nail tip
- Blend and shape the nail tip
- Use the correct ratio of liquid and powder and apply to the nail
- Shape the nail to the desired effect and provide maintenance and aftercare
Practical assessments throughout and final observation on second day. Theory will be assessed through discussions and questions throughout the day.
This course will allow students to progress onto other beauty courses.
- All students are expected to wear salon tunic and trousers or formal
- No jeans or casual clothing is permitted in the salons
- Hair must be secured back and a light day make-up