The HABC L3 Award in First Aid at Work is an accredited
qualification is ideal for those already working or preparing to work
within industry wishing to become a First Aider in the workplace for the
purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the
Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982.
There are no formal entry requirements.
This course covers:
- Principles/Aims of First Aid
- Priorities of Treatment
- The Respiratory System
- Blood and the Circulation
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and Cardiac Conditions The Unconscious Casualty
- Treatment of a Diabetic
- Contents of first aid boxes and their uses
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Strains and Sprains Poisons and Hazardous Substances
- The effect of Heat and Cold Minor injuries
Activities, test paper, practical assessment
HABC Certificate is valid for 3 years.