This course is aimed at people in employment or students progressing from a suitable Level 3 programme who may wish to enter a specialist area of employment or enhance their prospect of promotion.
- An appropriate BTEC or Subsidiary Diploma qualification at level 3 or
- Successful interview/mature candidate entry
- Students must be at least 18 years old
Year 1 Modules:
- Fabrication Technology
- Welding Technology
- Materials and Metallurgy for Fabrication Engineers
- Offshore Engineering
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Quality Assurance and Management
structures are covered in Fabrication Technology. Non-destructive testing is a
vital aspect of the industry and this module allows hands on experience of
dye-penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic inspection along with
radiographic practices and interpretation.
Control are also fundamental to any modern engineering discipline and these
subjects form a third aspect of the programme.
Assessment is via completion of three pieces of in-course assessment per
- Written Technical Reports
- Laboratory Practical
- Time-Constrained Assessment
- End of Module Examination (3 hours duration)
Hartlepool College can offer progression onto a HND in Fabrication & Welding programme following successful completion of the HNC.
Any student wishing to progress still further will be able to take advantage of full and part-time degree courses offered by Teesside University.
For further information and to apply go to:-