This course is suitable for all including maintenance workers, caretakers, tradesmen or just someone who wants to be a little handy around the house.
Joinery and Bricklaying.
Practical and portfolio.
Level 1 Certificate.
This course can be designed by the candidate through choosing their own units. These units include:
- Constructing half joints (C&J)
- Constructing housing joints (C&J)
- Mortice and Tenon (C&J)
- Angled halving joints (C&J)
- Bridle joints (C&J)
- Fixing architraves and skirtings (C&J)
- Fitting locks and latches (C&J)
- Building a half brick wall (BWK)
- Building a block wall (BWK)
- Building brick corners (BWK)
- Building cavity walls (BWK)
- Building one brick thick walls (BWK)
A maximum of 5 units can be chosen from the units above at the candidate's discretion. Units from a mixture of trades or all the same trade can be chosen. More units can be added if the candidate completes the five units within the 18 weeks.