The C&G Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Construction Skills is suitable for you, if you are 16+ and would like to undertake a multi-skilled route into the construction industry.
This course is also available to school students pre 16 as a taster into the industry.
No entry requirements
Units can include
- Health and Safety
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Painting and Decorating
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be in a position to:
- Move into paid employment
- Use this as a platform for further construction and building services related education. You will compile a portfolio of evidence which may take the following form:
- Observed work
- Witness statements
- Audio-visual media
- Evidence of prior learning or attainment
- Written questions
- Oral questions
- Case studies
Assessment is set, marked and internally verified by the centre to clearly demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes. An assessment is sampled through: External Quality Assurance.
On completion of this qualification and depending on your grade and ability you may choose to undertake further study.Qualifications you could progress to include:
- Level 1-2 Brickwork
- Level 1-2 Carpentry
- Level 1-2 Plumbing
- Level 1-2 Painting and Decorating
- Level 2 Maintenance Operations