This course targets those students who wish to prepare for a career in Carpentry & Joinery.
A formal interview with a team member is required.
The learner will cover knowledge of core subject areas such as:
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Information, Quantities and Communication
- Construction Technology
- Maintain and use Carpentry and Joinery hand tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Power Tools
Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on GCSE
A variety of assessment methods are used including:
- Multiple-choice on-line end tests
- Practical synoptic tests
- Functional Skills exams if required
On completion of this qualification it will enable the learner to progress in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery at Level 2
Students will have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, visits and skills competitions.