This qualification is for those waiting to enter the Electrical industry. It gives you the opportunity to pick up some core skills and knowledge and gives you the opportunity to progress onto either our Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installation qualifications.
You will take this Level 1 Diploma if you have no previous experience within the Electrotechnical sector. This level is ideal if you're just starting out and want a good basic understanding of the Electrical industry. Learners will have the opportunity on completion to progress onto the next level of vocational learning within the Electrotechnical sector.
This qualification requires learners to undertake the following mandatory units:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
You will be assessed on your practical skills and the knowledge you gain by assignments.
Learners successfully completing this qualification can progress their careers by registering on a number of other qualifications such as:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 600/5498/0
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) 501/2232/0
All PPE is provided.