This course targets those students who wish to prepare for a career in the construction (Site Carpentry) industry, extending their previous experience, knowledge and skills, achieved during Level 1.
Level 1 is preferred.
A formal interview with a team member is required.
The content of this course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Health & Safety
- Storage and Handling
- Communication Methods in the Construction Industry
- Estimating Material Quantities
- Knowledge of Building Technology
- First Fixing Operations
- Second Fixing Operations
- Erect Structural Carcassing
- Carry Out Maintenance
- Set Up and Operate a Circular Saw
- Functional Skills (English, Maths or IT)
- Level 2 Environmental Awareness Short Course
A variety of assessment methods are used including:
- Portfolios of Evidence
- Multiple-choice End Tests
- Exams for Functional Skills
- On-line Tests
- Practical Synoptic Tests
The course will prepare students for entry to the CSkills Diploma Level 3 Site Carpentry or progression to an apprenticeship if available.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, visits and skills competitions.