This qualification is for learners aged 19 and over who work or wish to work in the catering and hospitality sector as professional chefs. The programme also aims to provide opportunities for the development of transferable skills related to study and vocational aspirations that provide a platform for success.
There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking these qualifications
The content on this course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Food safety in catering
- Developing skills for employment in the catering and hospitality
- Preparation and cooking of vegetable dishes
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Cooking sauces
- Produce hot/cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products
- Fish dishes and shellfish
- Meat dishes and offal
- Poultry dishes
- Cooking of soups, stocks and sauces
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains and egg dishes
have the opportunity to take part in vocational and residential trips. Students
will develop skills to gain industry employment.
Portfolio of assignments and completion of practical assessments graded pass, merit or distinction
This qualification will allow progression to Level 3 qualifications, apprenticeship, skilled employment or to supported employment in subject specific area of interest
Students will be required to purchase a uniform. Fee remission and assistance can be discussed at interview. There is an expectation that students will work in their own time to complete the necessary reading, homework and assessment work.