To enable the student to gain the required skills and underpinning knowledge to practice as a competent Joiner.
You will then be required to find a placement so that you can gather evidence from site to gain a Level 2 qualification.
A formal interview with a team member is required.
Students work through a series of units in both the practical workshop and classroom.
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
- Health, Safety and Welfare in construction and associated industries
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Understanding construction technology
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
The assessment is undertaken by on-line multiple-choice tests and practical assessment tasks.
C&G Award Level 3 Diploma Wood Occupations Site Carpentry