- adults (19+) unemployed or in work and looking for CPD qualifications to enhance their career
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO FUNDING RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO ENROL APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TEES VALLEY AREA. YOUR POSTCODE MUST BE TS OR DL
This qualification will give you an understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism. You will look at the person-centred approach and the influence that positive communication methods can have and will gain an understanding of how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Online portfolio and assessment
Learners can access a variety of other distance learning qualifications in similar disciplines. Alternatively the wide variety of full and part time courses available at the collegee will accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements.
Please note failure to complete this qualification in a timely manner may result in an administration charge being applied.