- adults (19+) unemployed or in work and looking for CPD qualifications to enhance their career
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO FUNDING RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO ENROL APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TEES VALLEY AREA. YOUR POSTCODE MUST BE TS OR DL
This course allows you to develop your knowledge at your own pace, and in your own home. This qualification aims to equip you with a more detailed understanding of mental health conditions that affect children and young people, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and the impact that mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
This is an online course completed via distance learning. Video, audio and interactive tasks support the detailed reading and notes available to ensure learners have all they need to successfully complete this course.
- Unit 1: Understand children and young people's mental health in context in this unit, you will learn about the concept of mental health and how society's view of mental health has changed over time. You will also learn about the legislation in place to support children and young people's mental health.
- Unit 2: Understand factors which may affect children and young people's mental health this unit will cover the risk factors that can affect children and young people's mental health and how these can be mitigated. You will also look at how developmental changes and puberty can impact children and young people.
- Unit 3: Understand children and young people's mental health concerns this unit will look at the behaviours displayed by children and young people that may indicate a mental health concern. You will look in more detail at common mental health conditions that affect children and young people.
- Unit 4: Understand the impact of children and young people's mental health concerns in this unit, you will investigate the impact of mental health concerns on children, young people and others. You will look at the importance of diagnosis and the reasons why there may be a reluctance to seek a diagnosis.
- Unit 5: Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns in this fifth and final unit, you will explore person-centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns, how to promote mental well-being in children and young people, and the services and treatment involved with children and young people's mental health.
The benefits of this course include:
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Increased understanding of children's mental health
- Courses online, such as this one, allow you to learn from your own home, in your own time
Online portfolio and assessments
Learners can access a variety of other distance learning qualifications in similar disciplines. Alternatively, the wide variety of full and part time courses available at the college will accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements.
Please note failure to complete this qualification in a timely manner may result in administration charges being applied.