This course is for those students who are looking for a change in career or those who are wishing to develop their skills and gain an understanding of the Nail industry.
Before commencing onto the course, you must have successfully completed a short course 'Stepping into Nail Services'. The short course is delivered one evening per week for two weeks. A uniform is a compulsory course requirement. Practical equipment is provided by the college for course use but students are encouraged to purchase equipment to develop skills outside of college.
Financial support may be available - see Student Services. All kits purchased through the college will remain on college premises to support with assessments. Applicants will be accepted after a successful interview and satisfactory references received.
You will cover a range of topics including:
- Health & Safety in the Salon
- Client Care and Communication
- Manicure Treatments
- Nail Art
- Nail Enhancements
A varied range of assessments are used including practical assessments, written exams and portfolio assessments.
Following successful completion of the programme, students will have the opportunity to progress onto a Beauty Therapy or a Complementary Therapy course.
Progression opportunities can be discussed with the Beauty Team.
The Hair and Beauty standards require you to follow certain criteria. You should:
- Display appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Have practical, organisational and social skills and attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone