This course is aimed at those learners who have an interest in the beauty therapy industry.
GCSE grades in Maths, English and Science
In this Extended Certificate you will develop essential knowledge and understanding in:
- health and safety
- client care and communication
- eye treatments and make up applications
- Nail art
This course is delivered using powerpoint presentations, practical demonstrations, group discussions and course work
Ongoing throughout the year and will consist of peer and tutor assessments, self-assessments and practical assessments. You will be graded either a Pass, Merit or Distinction for each unit.
On successful completion of this course, progress to an advanced Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
- all learners will be expected to comply with the industry code of practice for salon dress - a salon uniform is compulsory
- 100% attendance to all lessons is required
- learners will be expected to have bring in relatives/friends to practice on and complete assessments