This course targets those students who wish to extend their previous experience and skills, developing further the skills and knowledge achieved in Level 2.
Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry.
A formal interview with a team member is required.
The content of this course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Health & Safety
- Storage and Handling
- Communication Methods in the Construction Industry
- Estimating Material Quantities 3
- Knowledge of Building Technology 3
- Erect Complex Structural Carcassing Components
- Erect Non Structural and Structural Components
- Know How to Set Up and Use Fixed and Transportable Machinery
- Undertake the relevant Functional Skills (English, Maths or IT)
This programme is a mix of theory and practical and aims to bring together the various elements of the topics mentioned above that are used within the construction (site carpentry) industry. Students will be exposed to a variety of teaching and learning methods including classroom-based sessions and practical sessions designed to cover a wide range of skills and methods, using a wide range of materials and equipment, some of which is highly specialised.
A variety of assessment methods are used including:
- Multiple-choice End Tests
- Exams for Functional Skills
- On-line Tests
- Practical Synoptic Tests
The course will prepare students for progression to an apprenticeship if available, or Higher Education courses in the construction sector.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, visits and skills competitions, when/if held.