Students are expected to enter the course with at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above. It is expected students have GCSE Maths and GCSE English on entry although there can be exceptions. It is expected all students who need to re-sit either GCSE Maths or GCSE English achieve at the end of the course. Failure to do so will have an impact on employment as practitioners cannot practice at Level 3 standard if no GCSE grade C in Maths or English.
To achieve the Technical Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education learners must achieve a pass grade in the externally set assessment. All learners must achieve grades between A*-D in seven mandatory units and complete recommended 365 hours within various placement settings. The recommended hours are to take place over two days a week and must be documented on college based paperwork.
- Completion of assignments graded from A*-D
- Completion of CCE1 (Certificate controlled assessment)
- Completion of 365 placement hours
Award and Certificate
- Supervised Early Years role
Diploma - immediately:
- Early Years Educator
- Practitioner in Early Years Workforce
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Progression to Higher Education
- Higher Education - students predominantly move to Primary Teaching, Youth
Work, Psychology, Social Worker, Part time HE such as Supporting Teaching and
Learning, Working with Children and Young People