This qualification is for:
- Learners who currently do not work within the electrical industry (but may wish to do so)
- Those who wish to develop their understanding and skills of electrical installation
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (QCF)
The qualification has mandatory and optional units.
The mandatory units cover:
- Electrical Installation Design
- Environmental Technology Systems
- Electrical Science and Principles
- Electrical Installation Craft
- Inspection, Testing, Commissioning
- Diagnosing and Correcting Electrical Faults
The optional units cover:
- Overseeing and Organising the Work Environment
- Requirements of BS7671:2008 (2011)
- Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
The qualification also has integral health and safety in some of the units applicable to the topic being studied.
This qualification is delivered full time as part of a study programme to include enrichment activities, tutorial sessions and English and Maths where applicable. We can also provide this as a part time day release course for employed candidates.
This qualification allows the learner to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation. It does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for learners who currently do not work within the electrical industry (but may wish to do so).
The qualification has been adapted from the QCF Diploma within the apprenticeship framework, therefore successful completion of the qualification facilitates progression to the industry recognised qualification.
It provides the learner an opportunity to practice and be assessed in a secure environment on the installation and testing of electrical equipment together with the relevant theory of electrical installation to the current edition of the wiring regulations.
The learner has the opportunity to utilise BS 7671 within some of the units and also acquire the relevant understanding of electrical science and principles.
The assessment involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and theory assignments.
Progress onto full time employment or higher education