This qualification is for:
- Learners who currently do not work within the electrical industry (but may wish to do so)
- Those who wish to develop their understanding and skills of electrical installation
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (QCF)
The qualification has mandatory and optional units.
The mandatory units cover:
- Electrical Installation Design
- Environmental Technology Systems
- Electrical Science and Principles
- Electrical Installation Craft
- Inspection, Testing, Commissioning
- Diagnosing and Correcting Electrical Faults
The optional units cover:
- Overseeing and Organising the Work Environment
- Requirements of BS7671:2008 (2011)
- Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
The qualification also has integral health and safety in some of the units applicable to the topic being studied.
This qualification is delivered full time as part of a study programme to include enrichment activities, tutorial sessions and English and Maths where applicable. We can also provide this as a part time day release course for employed candidates.
The assessment involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and theory assignments.
Progress onto full time employment or higher education