The VTCT Level 3 qualification is for learners wishing to progress from a Level 2 Barbering qualification. The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Barbering is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills to an advanced level through a variety of techniques in the following units; the art of creatively cutting men's hair and the intricate specialist work of cutting facial hair, the artistic skill of colouring, the purpose behind maintaining personal health and wellbeing and how to provide effective consultation support for colleagues.
Candidates must have gained a Level 2 qualification in Barbering and be working in industry or be employed as a Barber.
Candidate will cover 5 mandatory units:
- UV30435 - Promote and sell products and services to cleints
- UV30491 - Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- UV30506 - Hairdressing consultation support for colleagues
- UV30507 - Cut men's hair to create a variety of look
- UV30508 - Cut facial hair to create a variety of looks
Learners will further develop their understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which
- colour correction
- specialist scalp services and treatments
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your practical skills to a high level of occupational ability to enable
you to perform your own salon services and support others. You will compile a portfolio of evidence and complete
external supporting exams in college. Practical training will be within college working on self generated clients.
Assessment is set, marked and internally quality assured by the centre to clearly demonstrate achievement of the
learning outcomes. Assessment is sampled by VTCT external quality assurers. Externally assessed question papers
completed electronically will be set and marked by VTCT.
VTCT qualifications are assessed and quality assured by centre staff. Work will be set to improve your practical
skills, knowledge and understanding. For practical elements, you will be observed by your assessor. All your work
must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross-referenced to requirements listed in this record of assessment
Practical assessments can be assessed in college and in the workplace.
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a senior men's hairdresser,
learners may choose to develop their skills base further by undertaking advanced specialist qualifications at
Level 4, including:
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Creative Male Grooming
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Specialist Hair and Scalp Services
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Hair Colour Correction
Please contact Student Services for further information:- 01429 firstname.lastname@example.org