Those individuals who work/volunteer in the lifelong learning and skills sector or who assess candidates in vocational subject areas. The Edexcel Level 3 Certificate is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (e.g. a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
- Have access to a minimum of two candidates to assess
- Be able to use a number of different assessment methods
- Have worked in the area of learning for at least one year in the previous two
- Hold a Level 3 qualification relevant to the qualification being assessed
The content on this course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assessing in the workplace
- Assessing in the workshop, classroom or other training environment
There is a learning-based element to this qualification (usually via one-to-one sessions) and the learning and assessment takes place in the workplace, workshop, classroom or other training environment.
Students are assessed via a number of assignments, observations of practice, professional discussions, witness testimonies and evaluation of work product.
Anyone wishing to undertake a quality assurance role in centres should consider progressing to the Edexcel Level 4 Certificate in Leading the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
There is an expectation that students will work in their own time to complete the necessary reading, homework and assessment tasks. Please think carefully before undertaking a course of this nature as it is demanding and students will need to consider their work, family and other commitments. An interview is required to be accepted onto the programme.