The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing & Production Arts is designed for school leavers 16+ to provide the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to degree level study or employmentin the performing and production arts.
- school leavers
- 16+ with a passion for performing arts
- some experience desirable but not essential
4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, preferably inclusive of Maths and English. Alternatively, Level 2 diploma equivalent.
Throughout the two years, students will complete the following units:
- Unit 1: Principles of performance
- Unit 2: Engaging with an audience
- Unit 3: Introduction to professional practice
- Unit 4: Critical and contextual awareness
- Unit 5: Production skills and context
- Unit 6: Performance skills and context
- Unit 7: Preparation for specialist study
- Unit 8: Collaborative performance project
- Unit 9: Developing performance and production skills
- Unit 10: Preparing for progression
- Unit 11: Exploration of specialist study and context
- Unit 12: Extended project
The course will be delivered through tutor led practical workshops allowing for development of personal peforming arts skills in singing, dancing and drama throughout.
- Research tasks and contextual studies.
- Self-creation projects.
- Professional industry expert workshops.
- Theatre visits.
- Live theatre performances.
- Sound and lighting training.
Written and practical skills will be assessed in the following ways:
- Formatively assessed throughout the course by tutors
- Peer assessment
- Self assessment
- Tutors summative assessment
- Progression on to Level 4 and above
- Stage school
- University (adequate UCAS points)
Students gain the equivalent of 3 A levels on completion of the course.