Students wanting to enter into the world of science industry or progress onto the Extended Diploma in Applied Science.
Students are required to have 5 GCSEs graded at C or above, including English, Maths and Science. Alternatively a Level 2 Diploma in Applied Science will also be accepted.
The course has a combination of 8 units to be taught throughout the year,
including the following:
- Fundamentals of Science
- Working in the Science Industry
- Scientific Investigations
- Scientific Practical Techniques
- Perceptions of Science
- Using Mathematical Tools in Science
- Using statistics for Science
- Using Science in the work place
- Forensic evidence collection and analysis
- Traffic accident investigation
This is a nationally recognised qualification assessed solely through your coursework with no exams. Assessment can be through written assignments, presentations and practical investigations. All units are assessed by the college and moderated by the awarding body. An overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is then awarded.
Students can progress onto the Extended Diploma in Applied Science.