The FdA WWCYP is suitable for those already working with children and young people or for those looking to move into this sector. With three established progression routes into BA (Hons) Education, BA (Hons) Working with Children and Young People and BA (Hons) Early Years, this course provides the platform for career development in these challenging sectors.
The programme covers a wide age range (5-21 year olds), and has been carefully written to cover the sectors identified by the children's workforce development review making it appropriate and relevant for a variety of roles including youth work, education, criminal justice, social work, mentoring and health.
- A Clean DBS is essential
- Must be employed or volunteering in the industry
- Professional qualifications and experience will be taken into consideration
- Interviews will also be conducted for students who have relevant vocational qualifications prior to learning
- Skills in Practice: Children and Young People's Workforce (WBL)
- Principles and Values for Effective Practice (WBL)
- Relationship Building and Effective Communication
- Understanding Learning for Inclusive Practice
- Childhood and Youth Development
- Use of Data for Evidence Based Practice
- Policies in Practice Contexts
- Effective use of Supervision and Mentoring
- Exploring Approaches to Integrated Working (WBL)
- Leading and Managing Work with Children and Young People
Includes reports, essays, presentations and portfolios.
Further progression into employment or onto the third year of a part-time degree BA (Hons) in Education, BA (Hons) Working with Children and Young People and BA (Hons) Early Years.
For further information and to apply go to:-