- adults (19+) unemployed or in work and looking for CPD qualifications to enhance their career
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO FUNDING RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO ENROL APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TEES VALLEY AREA. YOUR POSTCODE MUST BE TS OR DL
This qualification aims to provide you with the vital knowledge needed to begin tackling dementia through understanding what it is and how to support those who are affected by it. It also ensures that you will develop an essential understanding of caring for people with dementia, as well as covering the benefits of positive communication and the importance of individualised, person-centred care.
This is an online course completed via distance learning:
- Dementia awareness
- Person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
Online portfolio and assessment
Learners can access a variety of other distance learning qualifications in similar disciplines. Alternatively the wide variety of full and part time courses available at the college will accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements.
Please note failure to complete this qualification in a timely manner may result in an administration charge being applied.