- adults (19+) unemployed or in work and looking for CPD qualifications to enhance their career
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO FUNDING RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO ENROL APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TEES VALLEY AREA. YOUR POSTCODE MUST BE TS OR DL
This qualification aims to prepare you for tackling the outbreak of infection in hospitals and healthcare settings by aiding you in understanding the many causes of infection and how it can be spread, as well as how you can help control it.
This is an online course completed via distance learning:
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in healthcare settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in healthcare settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in healthcare settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a healthcare setting
Online portfolio and assessments
Learners can access a variety of other distance learning qualifications in similar disciplines. Alternatively the wide variety of full and part time courses available at the college will accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements.
Please note failure to complete this qualification in a timely manner may result in an administration charge being applied.