- Companies looking to offer workforce development opportunities for their staff
- Adults (19+) in work and looking for CPD qualifications to enhance their career
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO FUNDING RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO ENROL APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TEES VALLEY AREA. YOUR POSTCODE MUST BE TS OR DL
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, learners must achieve 4 mandatory units:
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygience and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in health care settings
This is an online course completed via distance learning. The EQUAL system provides learners with a variety of teaching methods to support their learning. Video, audio and interactive tasks support the detailed reading and notes available to ensure learners have all they need to successfully complete this course.
Online portfolio and assessments
Learners can access a variety of other distance learning qualifications in similar disciplines. Alternatively the wide variety of full and part time courses available at the college will accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements.
Please note failure to complete this qualification in a timely manner may result in an administration charge being applied.