- Companies looking to offer workforce development opportunities for their staff
- Adults (19+) in work and looking for CPD qualifications to enhance their career
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO FUNDING RESTRICTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO ENROL APPLICANTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TEES VALLEY AREA. YOUR POSTCODE MUST BE TS OR DL
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care learners are required to successfully complete 7 mandatory units:
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This is an online course completed via distance learning. The EQUAL system provides learners with a variety of teaching methods to support their learning. Video, audio and interactive tasks support the detailed reading and notes available to ensure learners have all they need to successfully complete this course.
Online portfolio and assessment
Learners can access a variety of other distance learning qualifications in similar disciplines. Alternatively the wide variety of full and part time courses available at the college will accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements.
Please note failure to complete this qualification in a timely manner may result in an administration charge being applied.