This course is aimed at individuals who may undertake manual handling operations and is suitable for all employees including staff and managers.
CSCS Health & Safety test passed no more than 2 years prior to the course start date.
- Definition of manual handling, main cause of manual handling injuries and the reasons for manual handling training
- Function and shape of the human spine
- Function of intervertebral discs
- The effects of static loading and the risks involved in team lifting
- Understanding of formal and dynamic risk assessment
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for manual handling
- Conduct necessary safety checks at the work area
- Describe and demonstrate safe handling techniques
End of course knowledge test
Upon successful completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive a certificate of attendance.