Suitable for all levels from novice to experienced. The content and duration of the course will vary depending on experience and will reflect each individual's requirements and abilities.
- MMA welding safety
- Principles of the MMA process
- Welding set controls
- Volts and amperage settings
- Types of electrode, classification and use
- Joint designs and applications
- Set up and preparation for welding
- Tutored welding practice as appropriate to the client (can include lap,
fillet and butt welds in plate, sections and pipe for various thickness ranges
in relevant welding positions)
- Identification and avoidance of welding defects
Practical training and assessment with a highly qualified TWI (The Welding Institute) Welding Instructor.
Competence is assessed through observation and practical tasks.
BS 4872 Weld Test
ASME IX / BSEN ISO 9606 Weld Test