Any personnel who are required to operate a rear dump truck who have no experience or have some experience of operating but no formal instructions (novice). Experienced operators who require training (refresher). Experienced operator who does not require training (test only).
CSCS Health and Safety test passed no more than two years prior to the course start date.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer's requirements as per the operator's handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.#
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces - loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
NPORS/CSCS Plant Operator Card
As a partner card scheme of CSCS, the NPORS/CSCS Operator Card will now be issued in line with the requirements stipulated by BUILD UK and will display the CSCS logo. The NPORS/CSCS cards that are available: Trained Operator Card (red) - This card remains valid for two years, during which the operator complete the relevant NVQ for the categories held on their card. Competent Operator Card (blue) - this card is only available to those operatores who have achieved the relevant NVQ qualification for the categories held on their card. Traditional NPORS Card - If the CSCS logo is not required on the NPORS Card, then the Traditional NPORS card is also available.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment, the operator will receive a 5 year card, which is renewable. This card can be endorsed with a Health, Safety & Environmental test, if the operator has passed the relevant test within the last 2 year period. The card can still be awarded without the H, S&E logo, if the operator does not have this test.