For individuals who enter medium risk confined spaces incorporating entry requirements and self-rescue procedure.
Reasonable level of mobility.
Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Confined space legislation
- Definitions and recognition of confined space
- Confined space examples and categories
- Control measures
- Safe system of work/PPE/permit to work
- Risk assessment/method statement
- Confined spaces personnel and teamwork
- Equipment characteristics and limitations
- Equipment maintenance and inspection requirements
- Working at height and suspension intolerance
- Vertical shaft entry and egress (using ladders)
- Use of tripod/davit and retrieval winch
- Correct use of gas detector sampling techniques
- Communications/emergency actions
- Use of escape breathing apparatus
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
End of course knowledge and practical test.
Candidates will be required to attend a 1-day refresher course every 3 years.
Upon successful completion of the course, each candidate will receive a certificate of attendance lasting for 3 years.