For individuals who enter low risk confined spaces incorporating entry requirements and self rescue procedure.
CSCS Health & Safety test passed no more than two years prior to the course start date. Reasonable level of mobility. Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Risk assessment of confined space hazards
- Types of gaseous atmospheres, portable gas monitoring equipment and their use
- The use of harness tripod, man-riding winch/fall arrest and safety line
- Emergency preparedness and procedures
- Confined space legislation
- Safe systems of work/permits
Training includes a mix of classroom-based theory and practical activities.
City & Guilds assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, each candidate will receive a C&G Certificate.