Courses are free for many of our students, however, there are many ways in which eligibility is assessed. The following information exists to support you to assess if you could qualify for fee remission. There are lots of financial options and support processes available, so even if you do not qualify for a free course, there are alternative options such as monthly direct debit payments and possible help from the college’s bursary funds.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us, we have a dedicated Bursary Team here to help you.
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2023 your course will be FREE
English & Maths courses are free for anyone aged 19 or above if they DO NOT have a GCSE at grade C (grade 4) or above on the day they enrol. This also includes Functional Skills courses.
Students aged 19-23 qualify for free courses if:
· You don’t have a full Level 2 qualification and want to study either Entry or Level 1 qualifications needed to progress to Level 2 or your first full Level 2 qualification
· You don’t have a full Level 3 qualification and want to study your first level 3.
Recipients who are unemployed and in receipt of the following benefits could be eligible for free courses at Level 2 and under:
· Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
· Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and part of the work-related activity group (WRAG)
· Receive Universal Credit, and earn either less than 16 times the appropriate age-related rate of the national minimum wage / national living wage a week, or £617 a month (individual claims) or £988 a month (household claims) and Jobcentre Plus determined as being in one of the following groups: All Work-Related Requirements Group / Work Preparation Group / Work-Focused Interview Group
· You receive other state benefits and earn either less than 16 times the appropriate age-related rate of NMW / national living wage a week - or £338 a month (individual claims) or £541 a month (household claims)*.
*These aspects are at the College's discretion and are subject to T&C's. Please enquire if required.
You may also be entitled to FREE courses up to Level 2 if you earn less than £20,319 annual gross salary or less than £33,210 if you are a Tees Valley resident. All we request is a wage slip within 3 months of your start date, or a current employment contract which states gross monthly / annual wages.
LOANS FOR COURSES
Adult Learner Loans are available for learners aged 19 and above to undertake approved qualifications at Level 3 and above.
Professional and Career Development Loans are bank loans to pay for courses and training that help with your career or help get you into work. You may be able to borrow between £300 and £10,000. Loans are usually offered at a reduced interest rate and the government pays interest while you’re studying. More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/career-development-loans. It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For a competitive quotation on commercial course enquiries contact our business team on 01429 404037 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.