16 to 18 Bursary
Learners whose household income is below £25000 (including all tax credits) can apply for:
- Support towards the cost of materials and equipment.
- Essential educational visits and residentials.
- Other relevant expenses associated with studies.
We will consider applications from learners who do not fit the above criteria but who have an extreme financial problem and a short-term, specific educational cost which they cannot meet. Support for this group will be dependent upon individual circumstances and availability of College funds.
Bursary Plus (16 - 18 year olds)
You could get up to £1,200 if at least one of the following applies:
- You are in care of the local authority or a ‘care leaver’.
- You are financially supporting yourself and receive Income Support or Universal Credit.
- You receive either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (or Universal Credit in place of ESA).
You may get the full amount if you have expenses and study full-time on a course of at least 30 weeks. You will usually get less, or no bursary, if your course is shorter, you study part time or have few expenses.