Free meals while you study!
*Students aged between 16 - 18 may be eligible for free college meals if they or their parent/carer receives one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under park VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Working Tax Credit run on - paid for 4 weeks after someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 per annum.
Students whose total household income is less than £25,000 per year may also receive free meals as part of the 16 to 19 bursary or 19+ Discretionary Support Funds. Successful applicants will receive £3.00 per day (credited to their student card) to spend in any of the College's refreshment areas (Food Court, Coffee Rapport and the Skills Cafe). These facilities are open all day and offer a wide variety of hot and cold food options. Remember to ask about the 'Meal Deal' too. The daily allowance will exclude certain items including confectionary.
How To Apply
Students will need to complete a Bursary Form (each academic year) and provide evidence of their household income/benefits. If you require assisance or have any questions, please call in to Student Support next to main reception and our dedicated Bursary Team will be able to help you.