Hartlepool College is dedicated to ensuring all of our students have equal opportunities.
We are committed to meeting your individual needs to enable learners to gain the right skills, qualifications, attitude and confidence.
We have a dedicated and experienced Learning Support Team that will work with leaners to help achieve this.
Principal & Chief Executive
Transition to College
We can offer additional individual transition packages for students progressing to college to ensure they are fully ready and enjoy college life.
We can offer:
- Initial meeting at school or a familiar environment
- 1-1 tour of the college for students and parents/carers
- Arrange taster sessions to experience actual classes
- Group visits
- Discuss support needs
- Meet course tutors
- Help with applications
Support We Can Offer
- 1-1 in class support
- Assistive technology
- Note takers/ scribes
- Reading and writing software • Lift access
- Job coaches
- Chaperone/ lunch supervision • Use of MacBook
- Accessible toilets and personal care room equipped with a hoist
- Communication support
- Exam assessments and concessions
Students can choose from a range of full time programmes to suit all levels and abilities including:
• NOCN Entry 3 and Level 1 - Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development
• Supported Internships
• Bespoke programmes
English and Maths
We offer Functional Skills Maths and English from Entry 3 to Level 1 as well as GCSE. There are also numeracy and literacy development classes for learners who are not quite ready to sit exams.
We have specialist Maths and English tutors who deliver extra sessions that are taught on a 1-1 basis. This is available to all levels including GCSE.
Welfare and Retention Mentor W.A.R.MS
WARMs offer a wide variety and a high level of support to all students who face barriers that can impact on their welfare, emotional well-being and attendance to College. The WARMs deal with student issues whether those issues are inside or outside of College.
The team work closely with external agencies and can refer students if necessary.
Your tutor will inform you of your allocated WARM.