Make the move into Sport and Exercise sector with the Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching and Exercise at Hartlepool College. Recent graduates have benefited from the range and diversity of the course units to progress into employment with National Governing Bodies, secondary schools and local authority Sports Development teams.
- 9-4 in English, Mathematics and Science GCSE or equivalent
- A previous Level 3 qualification
- Must be employed or volunteering in industry
- Professional qualifications and experience will be taken into consideration
- Interviews will also be conducted for students who have relevant vocational qualifications prior to learning
- DBS disclosure is a requirement for this programme
- Introduction to Sports Coaching and Exercise
- Human Body in Action
- Mind and Movement
- Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise
- Coaching in a Practical Environment
- Analysis of Performance
- Nutrition for the Exercise Practitioner
- Development of Sport and Exercise
- Coaching in an Alternative Environment
- Work Based Project
Includes reports, essays, presentations and exams.
Further progression into employment or onto the third year of a part time degree BSc (Hons) in Applied Science or part-time or full-time onto a BSc (Hons) in Sports Coaching.
"Completing the FdSc through Hartlepool College has given me the opportunity and ability to develop a career of my choice and allowed me to research areas which are relevant to me and my coaching. The Foundation Degree offered me the flexibility to be able to study part time whilst continuing to work, as a mature student this was essential for me."
James Wiggan, County Cricket Coach Durham CCC
For further information and to apply go to:-