Main menu

HCFE Banner

You are here

Getting to College


Students from Hartlepool (household income less than £30k) who live 1.5 - 4.0 miles from the college are eligible to apply for help with travel costs. This will normally be a Stagecoach Unirider Smart Card which allows free unlimited travel (including weekends) across the whole North-East.

Students who live more than 4 miles from Hartlepool College of Further Education are eligible to apply for travel support. This will normally be a bus pass (where available).

Students travelling from areas where there is no direct public transport should contact student support at the college to discuss bespoke travel options. In exceptional circumstances, on production of termly receipts, money may be paid into the student’s bank account to cover the most practical mode of transport.

All travel bursaries awarded are subject to a maximum weekly amount.



Whatever course you choose, you'll get the highest level of training from specialist tutors, benefiting from their knowledge and experience of working not just in education but also in industry.