This course is suitable for those who wish to pursue a career in the hospitality industry as a chef. This qualification will provide you with the vocational skills and expertise as a part of your development as a professional chef within the hospitality and catering industry.
This course is suitable for those who have achieved a relevant Level 2 qualification and are progressing as a part of their development. Applicants who have the required relevant industry experience who wish to formalise their competence can also apply and discuss their study options.
You will complete the following to achieve the qualification:
- Practical exams (synoptic assessments)
- You will regularly review your learning and development as a part of the qualification
- Theory based learning and assessments of knowledge
- English (as applicable)
- Maths (as applicable)
The teaching and learning that takes place covers the knowledge and skills you will need to progress and enter work as a chef. You will learn many of the techniques used in the professional industry that will give you the skills, confidence, and aspiration to succeed and achieve.
This is a competence-based qualification in which we will support your learning and development along with assessing your competence to meet industry standards.
We also work closely with employers who will contribute to your learning. This includes:
- Structured learning opportunities within the workplace and college (as applicable)
- Employers input into your assessments, development and who also act as expert witnesses to contribute to the assessment of your work
- Master classes or lectures given by industry experts
- Opportunities to compete in national competitions
- Participation in enrichment activities including: Cheese Making, European trips
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical observation assessments
- Knowledge assessment
You can continue to progress within education at the end of this qualification by progressing to a Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts.
If you choose to enter employment with your studies and at the end of this course you are most likely to continue to work as a Commis Chef.
You are likely to be able to find work as a Commis Chef with a variety of establishments, such as:
- Contract caterers
You can find us on:
- Facebook @ HCFE Hospitality & Catering
- Twitter: @AmbitionFe
- Instagram: @AmbitionFe