This course is for those who have achieved a NVQ Level 1 in Hospitality. You will either have achieved English and Mathematics or you will be required to achieve these alongside your study programme.
You will ideally have achieved a NVQ Level 1 in Hospitality and Catering (can be discussed at interview regarding relevant qualifications and experience)
- This qualification is for those who work or wish to work in the catering and hospitality sector as qualified professionals.
- The programme also aims to provide opportunities for the development of transferable skills related to study and vocational application that provide a platform for success.
- The qualification allows learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for the employment and/or career progression in the catering and hospitality sector.
- This qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding with transferable skills including problem solving and gain an overview of skills and knowledge relevant to their chosen sector in work experience or simulated work settings.
- The units will be practical in nature along with producing a portfolio of assessment competence evidence and learners will develop their work-based skills throughout the qualification such as self-management, time management, communication and working safely. Our students undertake an enriched programme of learning which also includes he following:
- Group based activities
- Work experience (including the Flagship Restaurant)
- Trips and visits
Will take place in our state of the art kitchens and restaurant and provide you with the most amazing platform to learn as you would in the real workplace. You will learn all the essential skills and develop the required knowledge to succeed in this industry whilst being taught by industry expert lecturers.
Portfolio of assignments and completion of practical assessments. Students will also be expected to work in their own time to complete necessary portfolio homework and assessment work when required.
Students can progress to a L3 Diploma in Professional Cookery or explore our fantastic apprenticeship opportunities.
Please note that you will require a uniform. We may be able to help with this and other related costs such as meals allowance. Advice is available from Student Services.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
- Facebook: HCFE Hospitality and Catering
- Twitter: @AmbitionFe
- Instagram: @Ambitionhospitality